Site 1: The Journal Of The First Voyage Of Christopher Columbus


Date: October 12, 1492
Location: Somewhere In The Atlantic Ocean
Weather: The sun rises with clear skies and a soft breeze moves the ships steadily westward over the huge Atlantic Ocean.

Christopher Columbus's journal - Wikipedia
(Part Of Christopher Columbus Journal)


Entry: 

Today, we departed from the port of Palos, Spain, on a journey of immense significance, I Stand with the crew on the Santa Maria's deck, and I sense the excitement and apprehensions that hang all around the air. The sun is rising, painting the waves gold, I am filled with awe at the sheer magnitude of the ocean stretching out around us. I approach Christopher Columbus, the captain and leader of this historic journey, curious to understand and learn more about his motivations and aspirations for this historic journey. His eyes reflect a mixture of both resolve and doubt as he looks out at the horizon, his hand resting on the railing of the ship. I start to approach Christopher Columbus and introduce myself. "what drives you to want to undertake such a risky journey?" I ask, my voice barely heard over the noise of the wind and waves. Columbus turns towards me with determination. "I am driven by a desire to seek out new lands and new opportunities," he replies, his voice carrying the weight of his convictions. "I believe there's a way beyond this vast ocean there lies a way to the riches of the East Indies, and it is my duty to find it for Spain's honor." I'm amazed by Columbus's words and his unwavering confidence, tempered by the reality of the dangers that lie ahead. Yet, there is a glimmer of excitement in his eyes, a sense and a thrill for adventure that transcends the fear of the unknown. As the day goes on, I continue to talk with the crew, listening to their hopes and fears, their dreams of finding new lands, and achieving great quests. Despite the challenges and tough times that lie ahead, there is a strong sense of teamwork among these brave sailors, united together by a shared sense of purpose. And so, as the sun sets on this historic day, I am filled deeply with a profound sense of privilege to witness this moment in history, as Christopher Columbus and his crew set forth into the unknown in search of a new world. 

_______________________________________________________________________


This Entry Provides a personal perspective, capturing the atmosphere of anticipation and determination aboard one of Christopher Columbus's ships as seen through my eyes who came a long way to witness this voyage.  



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Site 2: The Mona Lisa

Site 5: Sidereus Nuncius